Two officers of the Ondo State Security Network Agency, known as Amotekun Corps, have been killed after gunmen ambushed a joint security team in Ago-Oyinbo village, Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State.
The attack occurred last week as the operatives were reportedly leaving their base in the community.
The Amotekun Corps spokesperson in Ondo State, Jimoh Adeniken, confirmed the deaths in a statement issued on Friday while expressing condolences to the families and colleagues of the deceased officers.
According to Adeniken, the attackers opened fire on the security team, prompting the operatives to return fire. He said two officers sustained fatal injuries during the exchange and later died.
He added that reinforcements were immediately deployed to the area to track the attackers and ensure their arrest.
The spokesperson said the Corps had also increased patrols, security operations and intelligence gathering in the area following the incident.
“The Ondo State Security Network Agency, Amotekun Corps, remains resolute and will not be deterred by the unfortunate incident.
“The Corps, in conjunction with other security agencies, will continue to protect lives and property and ensure that those responsible are brought to justice,” Adeniken said.
He urged residents to remain vigilant and provide credible information that could help security agencies identify and apprehend the perpetrators.
Adeniken said the Ondo State Government, led by Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa, and the Amotekun Corps Commander, Adetunji Adeleye, had expressed condolences to the families and colleagues of the fallen officers and commended their service.
Meanwhile, the families of the deceased officers thanked the state government and the Amotekun Corps management for arrangements made for the burial of their relatives.
They also appealed to the government to consider the dependants of the deceased officers in future recruitment exercises and provide other benefits available to families of personnel who die in the line of duty.





